Friday, July 28, 2006

High Fidelity didn't make the Top 5, it IS the Top 5

Looking at my DVD shelf, I have a paltry number covering just 2 feet of shelf space. I mostly purchase TV DVDs so the movies I own must have an exceptional rewatchability factor for me to commit the 15 plus dollars to them. So inspired by High Fidelity to make everything a tangible, measurable, ranking I give you my Top 5 movies. My criteria is subject to change but it starts with here; Writing, Acting, ReWatchability, and its personal impact on me, your humble blogger. Things that keep a movie that I liked off the list; recent release and genre representation. Recent release is a personal check on enthusiasm, 40 year Old Virgin and Batman Begins are examples of movies I am more then a little gay for right now, but I need to another year or two to see if the love is real. Second, genre representation, is to keep similar movies from being compared to each other. "Oh you like Toy Story, A Bug's Life, and The Incredibles? Tell me how you rank them." is what I am trying to avoid.
  1. Shawshank Redemption
  2. Princess Bride
  3. Reservoir Dogs
  4. Breaking Away
  5. L. A. Confidential
Honorable mentions include but are not limited to; High Fidelity, The Godfather Series (even 3), Batman Begins, Silent Movie, Blazing Saddles, 40 Year Old Virgin, Jurassic Park, Usual Suspects, Fight Club, His Girl Friday, The 6th Sense, Pixar movies, and Memento

More to follow;

Hobbes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home